Skip to main content

Maid AND Matron of Honor

This past weekend was a fun one for me. I met my two best friends for dinner and walked out with my maid and matron of honor. 

My mom always told me she wanted me to join a sorority in college because so many of the brides she worked with at her bridal store had their sorority sisters in their wedding. Well I joined a sorority, and majority of my bridal party are my sisters. Even more specifically, the two girls that will be standing next to me when I say I do, Emma and Ireland. 

I met Ireland and Emma my sophomore year when I transferred to ONU. We cheer/cheered together, and we are a part of ZTA. I have searched my whole life for friends like Ireland and Emma and I couldn't be happier to have them in my life. I live with Emma now and Ireland graduated last spring and moved to Columbus, so I get to see her way more than when she lived in Defiance. We love to travel together and are known for our last-minute dinner and drinks to catch up. This is exactly what we did this weekend and I walked away with a maid and matron of honor. I'm so happy Ireland eloped this summer because I would not be able to choose between the two of them for my maid of honor, but because she's married now, Ireland can be my matron and I can have both. 

I am going to ask the rest of my wedding party soon so we can start getting bridesmaid dresses ordered. (Yes, I already have them picked out. I know you're very surprised by this.) I will blog about the whole wedding party after I ask them all. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snapchat

I remember when I first downloaded Snapchat. I remember thinking "I have to look presentable every day now because people will actually see what I look like every day." For everyone that doesn't know, Snapchat is a social media app that started at just a way to communicate by sending pictures back and forth. It has now advanced into a form of social media. You can share stories, which are pictures or videos that everyone you are friends with on snapchat can see, and you can see different magazine type subscription stories. Now that I have had Snapchat for multiple years, I don't know what I would do without it. I snap my friends on a daily basis and it's basically the root of all my laugher. Now you can make snap groups, which means you can have multiple people in a group and you can send pictures to the group like normal group message, and I have so many with my friends. We send anything from drama we want to spill to TikToks in these groups and it is so much f

TikTok

I told myself I wouldn't do it, but here I am, 1:00 in the morning, laughing my butt off while scrolling through the hilarious videos I see on TikTok. TikTok has been pretty popular for a while now, but I refused to download it because I knew I would become addicted. Now I have the app and literally cannot stop watching it. I lay in bed and not realize it has been an hour, and even though I wanted to get to bed early that night, I catch myself getting an ab workout from laughing so hard. I have even made one myself. For those of you that don't know what TikTok is, it is a social media app that you make videos on. It's a lot like the old app Vine, but you can do even more with the videos. The most popular way to use TikTok is to make a video using audio that is given to you. So basically, you are lip syncing to whatever the audio says. I have puppy fever more than you know right now, and of course one of the most popular types of videos are of people's puppies. I lov

Puppy Fever

I feel like I blog about dogs all the time, but it's because I have serious puppy fever. I almost rescued Sophia (I talked about her in one of my blogs in the past), even though I could only adopt her and her sister together. A couple weeks later someone brought a baby golden-doodle to my house so everyone could see her and I instantly fell in love. So naturally, I started looking for golden-doodle puppies and found two that I was super interested in. I called about them and almost bought one named Goldie, but my landlord said absolutely no dogs, so I didn't get her. I may or not have cried a couple times because I wanted her so bad. Now that I don't have any of the dogs I realize it probably is a good idea to wait until I'm graduated and have a house and a job to keep up with the dog, but my mom realized my excessive need for a puppy and brought my chihuahua, Louis Vuitton, up to school so I could keep him for two weeks. No I am not allowed to have a dog. Yes I have